Happy New Year Readers!
I hope you are all having a fun and safe new year. For may of us 2016 was a really hard year, and although there were some good times it felt like the bad out weighed the good. So, going into 2017 people usually make resolutions. Of course, if you’re like me those resolutions only stick for about a week or so, that being said, I decided that this year instead of calling them resolutions I am going to call them “Cathy’s Can Do’s for 2017”.
So, here we go – Cathy’s Can Do’s for 2017:
- Post to this blog at least 1 time a week
- Whether it is part of a series or just a weekly update on things, I am going to set aside at least one day in the week to do some writing.
- Eating Healthier
- I usually try to eat healthy, but we have those moments where nothing can satisfy our craving but that double bacon cheeseburger with fries and a chocolate milk. However, if I can share some great new recipes that I have found in this can do, then trust me, you will be the first to know
- Move More
- Another thing people say they are going to do at the start of the new year is that they will exercise more, I got a new Fitbit for Christmas and I am already having fun trying to hit the daily targets. Now, instead of saying “I’m going to go to the gym for an hour three times a week” I am going to try to meet the daily targets with my Fitbit, the main target being 10,000 steps a day.
- Being Honest/True to Myself
- Throughout my life, I have noticed that I try to be someone that everyone can like, and while there is nothing wrong with that, my way of doing that is almost mimicking these people’s behavior and hobbies so that they will like me. While some of these traits are things that are part of my personality, they tend to become amplified based on who I am with. Therefore, this can do is not only about being honest with people and honest in general, it is more importantly about honest and true to myself. Not letting other people dictate or influence the parts of my personality that suit them, but instead letting them see the real me and not what I think they want to see.
So that’s it for now, another part about these being can do’s and not resolutions is that I can add more throughout the year, and not just be limited to making them at the start of the new year.
What Can Do’s do you have for yourself for 2017? Is there anything that you really want me to post about this year? Send me a message or comment below, I’d love to hear from you!!